20 vegetables names in English, Definition and Examples


20 vegetables names in English with Examples.




Vegetables are foods that are very useful for human health, generally green, raw or cooked by eating. Vegetables can also be dried and eaten as root and tuber. Some fruits and vegetables can be mixed together. Fruits develop from some special tissues in the floral part of flowering plants, and reproductive organs contain some additional tissues.

Vegetables are called the rest of the plant, except for the fruit of the plant. In daily life, we can distinguish the differences between vegetables and fruits, because the fruits generally have a sweet taste. The leaves, flowers and tubers of plants are not sweet and are called vegetables.

Some plants’ leaves, roots or stems are edible, these are vegetables. We should consume vegetables every day for a healthy diet. There are some vegetables that are known as fruits by people in daily life.

20 vegetables names in English;

1. Dill: I make cheese and dill pies every weekend in the morning, the whole family is eating with great appetite.

2. Broccoli: My two years old girl likens broccoli to a tree.

3. Carrot: In a story book I read when I was little, I learned that rabbits love carrots very much.


4. Potato: My favorite vegetable is potato, because we can make a variety of foods with potatoes.

5. Cabbage: My grandfather has two cabbage fields in the village, I’m going to see them this summer.

6. Leek: When I was little I wouldn't like eating leek, but my mother used me with the good food he made.

Some of the foods in the vegetable group are given below with sample sentences:

7. Beans: Beans are green plants and their taste is also very delicious.

8. Peas: When I was a kid, I compared peas to beads, and it would be fun and delicious to eat.

9. Spinach: When I was a kid, the hero I saw in a cartoon became a very strong man by eating spinach.

10 .Celery: In general, people do not like the taste of celery, but I love it very much, especially I like salads made with celery.

11. Bell pepper: I chose to make a meal with bell pepper to our guests who will come this evening.

12. Lettuce: The vegetable lettuce that makes the salads we eat at dinner is the most delicious.

13. Onion: In our meal today, we chopped the onions finely, roasted in oil, they were very tasty.

14. Garlic: Garlic is a very benefit vegetable for our health and very useful for our skin.


15. Corn

16. Red pepper

17. Mushroom

18. Radish

19. Eggplant

20. Cauliflower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Letters in English from A-Z