List of Daily Routines in English

List of Daily Routines in English
  • have dinner,
  • go to bed,
  • get up,
  • go to school,
  • do homework,
  • go to work,
  • brush your teeth,
  • have lunch,
  • I wake up,
  • I turn off my alarm,
  • I take a shower / I have a shower,
  • I get dressed,
  • I comb my hair,
  • I make breakfast,
  • I eat breakfast / I have breakfast,
  • I start work at 9,
  • I answer emails,
  • I work on my computer,
  • I finish work at 5,
  • I arrive home,
  • I feed the dog,
  • I cook dinner,
  • I eat dinner / I have dinner,
  • I watch TV,
  • I read a book,
  • I go to bed,
  • I fall asleep etc.


These words are very common words but you need to know how to talk about your daily routine because it’s routine and common. These are the things that you do every day, they’are also things that you always talk about and think about very frequently. Firstly, a today is divided into five parts: Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening and Night. Every part includes words and phrases to talk about places, times, and actions. When should we say in, on, at, and other words like them to express location, time or action. So we should understand how and when to use them first.

Talking About Location

Use “at” with a general location or an idea;

The most common uses of this are:

  • at work
  • at the office
  • at home
  • at school
  • at the beach

 

But, for most of these, the person talking is inside a building.

  • in my house
  • in the office
  • in a restaurant

 

Your skirts, dresses and t-shirts are in the box.

  • You can also be used “in” with cities, countries, states and other larger geographic areas.

 

You can say “I lived in Paris.”

  • If you’re touching something or on the surface, you can use “on”.

 

This one is a bit more difficult to explain. Some examples of phrases with on are:

  • on the second floor
  • on the beach
  • on the floor
  • on the roof
  • on the moon
  • on an island

 

“My books are on my desk, and there’s a picture of my family hanging on the wall.”

 

In both cases, the object is touching another one, but not inside it.

 

Talking About Time

If you’re talking about an exact day, use “on” with specific days;

  • “We’ll meet on Friday, or maybe on July 10th.”

 

You can use “in” with longer periods of time such as months, years, and parts of the day.

  • You can meet in July, in 2017 or in the 21st century.

 

For parts of the day, the main phrases you’ll hear are in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening. Note that the word at is usually used with night.

Use “at”  for exact times and with night.

If you’re talking about an exact time, you can use “at”.

  • “We’ll meet at 7:30 p.m.”
  • “Let’s meet at morning”.

 

Use “at” with night in most cases:

  • “I always work better my studies at night than I do in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silent Letters in English from A-Z

20 vegetables names in English, Definition and Examples